COVID-19 Policies and Safety Protocols
Current Covid-19 Protocols & Guidelines
*Please note these are implemented for some summer classes we are running for our comp level students. Some protocols may be adjusted for fall session classes.
If the participant is showing 2 or more of the following symptoms for no other underlying reason(seasonal allergies etc): Fever or signs of a fever(such as chills), new cough or worsening chronic enough, sore throat, headache, runny nose, new onset of fatigue, new onset of muscle pain, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell, then the participant is asked to NOT ATTEND CLASS. Anyone showing signs of illness will not be permitted into the class.
- Dancers are to be dropped off at the garage door entrance for the studio where they are taking their class.
- Dancers are to only bring a small bag of what they need for their class(shoes, water, snack etc)
- Dancers are to wait outside either in-vehicle or lined up 6ft apart until the class start time or garage door is opened by the teacher. At that time dancers can enter the room and place their belongings in a designated spot.
- Dancers will be asked to sanitize their hands.
- Dancers will then choose a 6ftx6ft square and will remain in that area for the duration of their class. If the teacher requires them to dance outside of their space(ie across the floor, on acro mats, etc) teachers will ensure dancers continue to remain 6ft apart.
- Dancers should bring a mask to wear when walking in the halls or going to the bathroom. Face masks are not required during physical activity. And because at this time dancers are entering directly into the dance rooms they do not require masks. If your dancer chooses to wear a mask until the class begins that is fine. They will be asked to remove the mask while taking classes for their health and safety during physical activity.
- Teachers will only be required to wear a mask when they can not distance from students. So for example, during acro class, a teacher will wear a mask when spotting tricks and needing to be closer to a student.
- Designated bathrooms have been labeled for each studio grouping to limit the number of people in bathroom spaces.
- Exiting the building when finished class, dancers will leave their studio room and exit through the lobby & out the main door. Pick up your dancer from the front of the building by the main door area.
- Frequent cleaning of all areas of the dance studio, bathrooms, and common areas will take place by POG staff.
- To aid in the flow of traffic, please use the south entrance(closer to Abbot St) as the entrance into our lot and the north driveway(closer to Hazeldean) as the exit out of our lot. Please drive cautiously around buildings.